Dr. Dipankar Bhattacharyya
|Date of Joining||20 March 2003|
|Address||Nilimaloy Apartment, Flat No. A-10, Jessore Road, P.O. Barasat, PIN 700124, West Bengal|
|Phone No.||+91 9433552174|
|Academic Qualification||M.Sc , Ph.D.|
|Area of Specialization||Laser Physics (Advance I) and X-Rays(Advance II)|
|Courses Taught||In Physics Honours course: Classical Mechanics (Paper I), In Physics General course: Modern Physics (Paper II). Transient Phenomena, Alternating Current, Thermoelectricity, Magnetism (Paper V), Classical Mechanics (Paper VIII), Physical Optics (Paper VII).|
|Convener of Sub-Committee||Joint Convener NAAC|
|Member of Committees/Sub-committees||IQUAC, UGC Committee, Admission Committee 2015|
|Research Interest||Diode Laser Spectroscopy, Light-Matter interaction, Quantum Optics|
|Publications||1. “Pulse delay and group velocity dispersion measurement in V-type electromagnetically induced transparency of hot 85Rb atom” by B. C. Das, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, A. Das, S. Saha, S. Chkrabarti and S. De Journal of Physics B Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, 51, 245501(2018).
2. "Polarization rotation with electromagnetically induced transparency in a V-type configuration of Rb D1 and D2 transitions" by A. Das, B. C. Das, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, S. Chakraborti, and S. De, Journal of Physics B Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, 51, 175502(2018).
3. “Observation and theoretical simulation of dispersive properties of an electromagnetically induced transparent 87Rb atomic medium” by A. Das, B. C. Das, S. Chakraborti, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, S. De, Laser Physics, 28, 125205(2018).
4. "A study on electromagnetically induced transparency and velocity selective optical pumped absorption in an eight level inverted Y-type atomic system" by A. Ghosh, K. Islam, S. Mondal, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, N. Pal, and A. Bandyopadhyay, Journal of Physics B Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, 51, 145501 (2018).
5. "Effect of residual Doppler averaging on the probe absorption in cascade type system: a comparative study" by S. Mondal, A. Ghosh, K. Islam, Dipankar Bhattacharyya and A. Bandyopadhyay, Chinese Physics B, 27, 094204(2018).
6. "Study on the probe field propagation in presence of control and coupling fields through a four-level N-type atomic system" by K. Islam, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, A. Ghosh, D. Biswas and A. Bandyopadhyay, Journal of Physics B Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics 50, 215401 (2017).
7. "Transformation of electromagnetically induced absorption to electromagnetically induced transparency in a five-level V-type atomic system: experimental findings and theoretical model" by K. Islam, A. Bandyopadhyay, B. C. Das, S. Saha, S. De and Dipankar Bhattacharyya Journal of Optical Society of America: B 34, 2550(2017).
8. Electromagnetically induced transparency in a multi-level cascade type system under Doppler free and Doppler broadened condition" by Suman Mondal, Arindam Ghosh, Khairul Islam, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, Amitava Bandyopadhyay submitted in Journal of Physics B Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics.
9. "Formation of field induced absorption in the probe response signal of a four-level ‘V’ type atomic system: a theoretical study" by K. Islam, A. Ghosh, S. Mondal, Dipankar Bhattacharyya and A. Bandopadhyay, International Journal of advance engineering and research development, 3, 138(2016).
10. "Simultaneous observations of Electromagnetically Induced Transparency (EIT) and Absorption (EIA) in a multi-level V-type system of 87Rb and theoretical simulation of observed spectra using a multi-mode approach" by B.C. Das, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, A. Das, S. Chakrabarti and S. De, Journal of Chemical Physics, 145,224312(2016).
11. ‘‘Revisiting the four level inverted-Y system under both Doppler free and Doppler broadened condition: an analytical approach’’ by A. Ghosh, K. Islam, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, A. Bandyopadhyay. Journal of Physics B Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, 49, 195401 (2016).
12. "Effect of an extra ground level on the one photon induced transparency in a Doppler broadened V-type system" by K. Islam, A. Ghosh, Dipankar Bhattacharyya and A. Bandopadhyay, International Journal of Applied Science & Technology Research Excellence, 6, 1(2016).
13. "Narrowing of Doppler and hyperfine line shapes of Rb – D2 transition using a Vortex beam" by B. C. Das, Dipankar Bhattacharyya and S. De, Chemical Physics Letters 644, 212(2016).
14. "Comparison of Electromagnetically Induced Transparency (EIT) spectra for six-level lambda () and five level V-type system" by Dipankar Bhattacharyya, A. Ghosh, A. Bandyopadhyay, S. Saha and S. De Journal of Atomic, Molecular, Condensate and Nano Physics, 2, 93(2015) .
15. “Observation of Electromagnetically Induced transparency in six-level Rb atoms and theoretical simulation of the observed spectra” by Dipankar Bhattacharyya, A. Ghosh, A. Bandyopadhyay, S. Saha and S. De, in Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, 48,175503(2015) .
16. “Anomalous Symmetry Breaking in Two-Dimensional Diffusion of Coherent Atoms” by R. Pugatch, Dipankar Bhattacaharyya, A. Amir, Y. Sagi and Nir Davidson. Physical Review A, 89,033807(2014).
17. “Logarithmically Diverging Two-photon Spectrum: Anomalous Scale Symmetry Breaking in Two Dimensions” by R. Pugatch, Dipankar Bhattacaharyya, A. Amir, Y. Sagi and Nir Davidson. OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, 2012), DOI 10.1364/QELS.2012.QF3E.1.
18. “Study of width and height of EIT resonance in a Doppler broadened five-level system with varying probe power” by M.M Hossain, S. Mitra, S. Chakrabarti, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, B. Ray and P. N. Ghosh The European Physical Journal D, 53,141(2009).
19. “Theoretical study of electromagnetically induced transparency in a five-level atom and application to Doppler broadened and Doppler free Rb atoms” by Dipankar Bhattacharyya, B. Ray and Pradip N. Ghosh, Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, 40,4061(2007).
20. “Velocity dependent pump-probe spectroscopy for a five-level system: An application to Rb D2 transitions” by Dipankar Bhattacharyya, A. Bandyopadhyay, S. Chakrabarti, B. Ray and P. N. Ghosh, Chemical Physics Letters 440, 24(2007).
21. “Laser frequency stabilization for atom cooing and magnetic field compression of the trap” by S. Chakarbarti, A. Ray, A. Bandyopadhyay, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, B. Ray B. N. Jagatap, K. G. Monohar and P. N. Ghosh, Laser Physics, 17(9), 1(2007).
22. “Pump induced Autler-Townes effect and A-T mixing in a four level atoms” by Dipankar Bhattacharyya, Journal of Optics B: Quantum Semiclassical Optics. 6, 563(2004).
23. “Line shape simulation and saturated absorption spectroscopic measurement of Rb- D2 transition” by Dipankar Bhattacharyya, B. K. Dutta, B. Ray and P. N. Ghosh in Chemical Physics Letters 389, 113(2004).
24. “Direct Measurement On Transparent Plates By Using Fizeau Interferometry” by Dipankar Bhattacharyya, A. Ray, B.K.Dutta and P.N Ghosh. Optics and Laser Technology, 34 93(2002).
25. “Temperature and power dependent line shape of Rb-D2 transitions studied by Doppler– limited and Doppler-free spectroscopy” by Dipankar Bhattacharyya, B.K.Dutta, B.Ray, and P. N. Ghosh in Fizika-A 12, 171(2003)4.
26. “Velocity selective resonances and electromagnetically induced transparency in atomic rubidium” by S. Chakrabarti, A. Pradhan, A. Bandyopadhyay, A. Ray, B. Ray, Dipankar Bhattacharyya and P. N. Ghosh, Indian Journal of Physics. 80(5), 467(2006).
1) Comparison of Electromagnetically Induced Transparency (EIT) Spectra for six-level lambda and five level V-type system. - 4th International conference on “Current Developments in atomic …….nano Physics with applications” - University of Delhi during 11th -14th March 2015.
2) Experimental observation and theoretical simulation of electromagnetically induced transparency (EIT) in a six-level Rb atoms - International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) Discussion meeting on frontiers in light matter interactions. - IACS, Kolkata during 19-22nd December 2014.
3) “Two dimensional Diffusion of coherent atoms” - One hour invited talk. - Seminar - Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata - 28th May 2012 at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
4) Anomalous Symmetry Breaking in Two-Dimensional Diffusion of Coherent Atoms - 3rd DAE-BRNS Symposium on Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics. - IISER Kolkata December14-17, 2012.
5) Universality in slow light spectra. - SPIE Photonics West Conference - The Moscone Center, San Francisco, California, USA. 21-26th January 2012
6) Hearing the diffusion modes by using Electromagnetically Induced Transparency (EIT). - 56th Israel Physical Society (IPS) Meeting. - Tel-Aviv University, Israel. 5th December. 2010
7) Theoretical study of Electromagnetically Induced Transparency (EIT) in a five-level Rubidium atomic system in Doppler broadened and Doppler free conditions. - 2nd International Conference on Perspectives in Vibrational Spectroscopy (ICOPVS-2008). - Trivandrum, India, 24-28th Feb. 2008.
8) Velocity-Selective Optical Pumping effect in 85Rb transition with two co and counter propagating laser field. - International Conference on Laser and Nano (ICLAN - 06). - Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP), Kolkata.
9) Line shape of velocity selective pump-probe spectra of Rb. - International Joint Conference SFB/TRR21 and IFRAF. - Schloss Reisensburg, Germany, Oct 3rd – 7th 2007.
10) Experimental and theoretical study of pump-probe absorption signal in a four-level atomic system. - 20th International Conference on Atomic Physics(ICAP-06). - University of Innsbruck, Austria, 16th – 21st July 2006.
|On going research project||
1) Project titled "Interaction of ring shaped solitons with coherently prepared atomic media." funded by SCIENCE & ENGINEERING RESEARCH BOARD (SERB), File Number: TAR/2018/000710.
|Principal Investigator of Research Project||
1) Line Shape Calculation ………..Atoms. funding by University of Grants Commission(UGC) for 2006-2008. Cost: One lakh
2) Study of Electromagnetically Induced Transparency…….pumpprobe beams. funding by University of Grants Commission(UGC) for 2014-2016. Cost: Five lakh