Dr. Dipankar Bhattacharyya
|Date of Joining||20 March 2003|
|Address||Nilimaloy Apartment, Flat No. A-10, Jessore Road, P.O. Barasat, PIN 700124, West Bengal|
|Phone No.||+91 9433552174|
|Academic Qualification||M.Sc , Ph.D.|
|Area of Specialization||Laser Physics (Advance I) and X-Rays(Advance II)|
|Courses Taught||In Physics Honours course: Classical Mechanics (Paper I), In Physics General course: Modern Physics (Paper II). Transient Phenomena, Alternating Current, Thermoelectricity, Magnetism (Paper V), Classical Mechanics (Paper VIII), Physical Optics (Paper VII).|
|Convener of Sub-Committee||Joint Convener NAAC|
|Member of Committees/Sub-committees||IQUAC, UGC Committee, Admission Committee 2015|
|Research Interest||Diode Laser Spectroscopy, Light-Matter interaction, Quantum Optics|
|Publications||1) Anomalous Symmetry Breaking in Two-Dimensional Diffusion of Coherent Atoms, by R. Pugatch, Dipankar Bhattacaharyya, A. Amir, Y. Sagi and Nir Davidson. Vol. 89,Page no. 033807,Year 2014 - Physical Review A.
2) Logarithmically Diverging Two-photon Spectrum: Anomalous Scale Symmetry Breaking in Two Dimensions. R. Pugatch, Dipankar Bhattacaharyya, A. Amir, Y. Sagi and Nir Davidson. page no QF3E.1, Year: 2012.CLEO Technical Digest © Optical Society of America (OSA) 2012.
3) Study of width and height of EIT resonance in a Doppler broadened five-level system with varying probe power. M.M Hossain, S. Mitra, S. Chakrabarti, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, B. Ray and P. N. Ghosh Vol. 53,Page no.141 Year.2009.European Physical Journal D.
4) Theoretical study of electromagnetically induced transparency in a five-level atom and application to Doppler broadened and Doppler free Rb atoms by Dipankar Bhattacharyya, B. Ray and Pradip N. Ghosh, Vol. 40, page 4061 year 2007.Journal of Physics B: Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics.
5) Velocity dependent pump-probe spectroscopy for a five-level system: An application to Rb D2 transitions, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, A. Bandyopadhyay, S. Chakrabarti, B. Ray and P. N. Ghosh,. Vol. 440, Page 24 year 2007.Chemical Physics Letters.
6) Laser frequency stabilization for atom cooing and magnetic field compression of the trap. S. Chakarbarti, A. Ray, A. Bandyopadhyay, Dipankar Bhattacharyya, B. Ray B. N. Jagatap, K. G. Monohar and P. N. Ghosh. 17(9), 1(2007).Laser Physics.
7) Pump induced Autler-Townes effect and A-T mixing in a four level atoms, by Dipankar Bhattacharyya. 6, 563(2004).Journal of Optics B: Quantum Semiclassical Optics.
8) Line shape simulation and saturated absorption spectroscopic measurement of Rb- D2 transition by Dipankar Bhattacharyya, B. K. Dutta, B. Ray and P. N. Ghosh. 389, 113(2004).Chemical Physics Letters.
9) Direct Measurement On Transparent Plates By Using Fizeau Interferometry by Dipankar Bhattacharyya, A. Ray, B.K.Dutta and P.N Ghosh. 34 93(2002)Optics and Laser Technology.
10) Temperature and power dependent line shape of Rb-D2 transitions studied by Doppler– limited and Doppler-free spectroscopy by Dipankar Bhattacharyya, B.K.Dutta, B.Ray, and P. N. Ghosh. 12, 171(2003)4.Fizika-A.
11) Velocity selective resonances and electromagnetically induced transparency in atomic rubidium by by S. Chakrabarti, A. Pradhan, A. Bandyopadhyay, A. Ray, B. Ray, Dipankar Bhattacharyya and P. N. Ghosh. 80(5), 467(2006).Indian Journal of Physics.
1) Comparison of Electromagnetically Induced Transparency (EIT) Spectra for six-level lambda and five level V-type system. - 4th International conference on “Current Developments in atomic …….nano Physics with applications” - University of Delhi during 11th -14th March 2015.
2) Experimental observation and theoretical simulation of electromagnetically induced transparency (EIT) in a six-level Rb atoms - International Centre for Theoretical Sciences (ICTS) Discussion meeting on frontiers in light matter interactions. - IACS, Kolkata during 19-22nd December 2014.
3) “Two dimensional Diffusion of coherent atoms” - One hour invited talk. - Seminar - Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata - 28th May 2012 at Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata
4) Anomalous Symmetry Breaking in Two-Dimensional Diffusion of Coherent Atoms - 3rd DAE-BRNS Symposium on Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics. - IISER Kolkata December14-17, 2012.
5) Universality in slow light spectra. - SPIE Photonics West Conference - The Moscone Center, San Francisco, California, USA. 21-26th January 2012
6) Hearing the diffusion modes by using Electromagnetically Induced Transparency (EIT). - 56th Israel Physical Society (IPS) Meeting. - Tel-Aviv University, Israel. 5th December. 2010
7) Theoretical study of Electromagnetically Induced Transparency (EIT) in a five-level Rubidium atomic system in Doppler broadened and Doppler free conditions. - 2nd International Conference on Perspectives in Vibrational Spectroscopy (ICOPVS-2008). - Trivandrum, India, 24-28th Feb. 2008.
8) Velocity-Selective Optical Pumping effect in 85Rb transition with two co and counter propagating laser field. - International Conference on Laser and Nano (ICLAN - 06). - Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP), Kolkata.
9) Line shape of velocity selective pump-probe spectra of Rb. - International Joint Conference SFB/TRR21 and IFRAF. - Schloss Reisensburg, Germany, Oct 3rd – 7th 2007.
10) Experimental and theoretical study of pump-probe absorption signal in a four-level atomic system. - 20th International Conference on Atomic Physics(ICAP-06). - University of Innsbruck, Austria, 16th – 21st July 2006.
|Principal Investigator of Research Project||
1) Line Shape Calculation ………..Atoms. funding by University of Grants Commission(UGC) for 2006-2008. Cost: One lakh
2) Study of Electromagnetically Induced Transparency…….pumpprobe beams. funding by University of Grants Commission(UGC) for 2014-2016. Cost: Five lakh