Dr. Manosanta Biswas
|Date of Joining||16th March 2010|
|Address||Subhas Nagar, A-Block, Nilganj Bazar, Nort Paraganas, Kolkata-700 121|
|Phone No.||+91 9836811579|
|Academic Qualification||M.A in Modern History; B.Ed; M Phil (First Class Third); Ph D|
|Area of Specialization||Caste Mobilisation and Socio-religious History in Modern India|
|Courses Taught||B.A. (Hons and General)|
Convener of the Committee
Magazine & Publication
Member of the Committee/Sub-Committee
U.G.C Committee, Seminar Committee and Academic Committee
|Research Interest||Caste and National Politics; Traditional Modernity and Dalit Modernity|
1) ‘Dalit: A Dalit uplift Movement in East Bengal, 1872-1937.’ The Quarterly Review of Historical Stadies.Kolkata. Historical Studies, Institute of Historical Studies, Vol. XLVII, Nos. 3&4.2009-10.
2) ‘M.N.Roy: Biplabi Andolaner Bahumukhi Rupakar .’Anusandhan-25 Pashimbanga Itihash Samsad, 2009.
3) ‘Namasudra Andolane Promata Ranjan Thakurer Abadan’.Anusandhan-26.Pashimbanga Itihash Samsad.2010.
4) ‘Caste, Politics and Nationalism: The Matua Sect and The Namasudra Political Movement in Colonial Bengal and Post Colonial West Bengal.’ The Quarterly Review of Historical Studies. Kolkata . Vol.LII, Nos. 1&2.April-Sept.2012
5) ‘Matua Sahitya- Sanskritik Andolon: Protibad, Punorgothan-o-Dalit Jagoron.’ Anusandhan-27.Pashimbanga Itihash Samsad. January, 2013.
6) ‘Matua Shiksha Andolan: Guruchand Thakurer (1847-1937) SHiksha Bhabna abang Banglar Dalit Jagoran.’ Anusandhan-28.Pashimbanga Itihash Samsad ,January,2014.
7) ‘Banglar Matua Andolan: Namasudra Sampradayer Dharmio-Samajik Sanskar -o-Atmajagoran.’ Itikotha, Vol.-II, No-1, January, 2014
8) “The ‘Self-Dignity’ Movement of Eighteen Seventy Three: Caste, Protest and Social Boycott of the Namasudras of Bengal” International Journal of Physical and Social Sciences, Vol. 4, Issue-VII. July,2014.
9) ‘Caste, Community, Religion and Empowerment: The Political Movement of the Muslims , Matua and Namasudras in the Colonial Bengal.’ Afro-Asian Journal of Anthropology and Social Policy, Vol. 5, Issue-I. January-June, 2014
10) ‘1873 Saler Atmamarjada Andolan : Banglar Namasudrader Ekti Samajik Pratibad o Boycott’, Anusandhan-29.Pashimbanga Itihash Samsad January, 2015.
11) ‘Emancipation From Social Bondage and Political Independence: The Matua Socio-political Movement in Bengal.’ In the ‘Exploring New Aspects of Indian History.’edited by Dr. Tridibsantupa Kundu. Levant Books,Kolkata,2013
12) ‘Matua Religious Movement: Socio- Religious uplift of Namasudras in Bengal, 1872-1947.’ Being in Bengal : Colonial and Post-Colonial Experiences’ Edited by Sankar Kr. Biswas & Alok Kr. Ghosh. Mitram, Kolkata,2014
13) ‘A Downtrodden Sect and Urge for Human Development: The Matua Religious Movement of the 19th and 20th century Bengal, India.’ Conference Proceeding of the International Association of the Historian of Asia,2014. Kedah, Malaysia.
1) ‘M.N.Roy: Biplabi Andolaner Bahumukhi Rupakar.’ XXVI, Annual National Conference of Paschimbanga Itihas Samsad , in the Department of History, North Bengal University on January,24th to 26th ,2010,
2) Matua Sahitya- Sanskritik Andolon: Protibad, Punorgothan-o-Dalit Jagoron.’ XXVIII, Annual National Conference of Paschimbanga Itihas Samsad , at Vivekananda College, Thakurpukur, Kolkata January 26th ,2012,
3) ‘Jati, Sampraday, Shreni o Kshamatayan : Oupanibeshik Amaley Banglar Muslim, Matua-O- Namasudra Rajnaitik Andolon.” International Conference ,17th Bennial Conference of Bangladesh History Association. Bangladesh History Association in Khulna, Bangladesh ,on 22nd & 23rd November 2012
4) Caste, Politics and Nationalism: The Matua Sect and The Namasudra Political Movement in Colonial Bengal and Post Colonial West Bengal.’ Research Scholar Seminar, Institute of Historical Studies, Kolkata, On 9th June , 2012
5) Matua Religious Movement: Caste, Protest and Socio- Cultural uplift of Namasudras in Bengal, 1872-1947.. UGC sponsored National Seminar, organized by Maldha Women College on 13th January and 14th January 2012, in Malda Women college, Malda, W.B.
6) Matua Shiksha Andolan: Guruchand Thakurer (1847-1937) SHiksha Bhabna abang Banglar Dalit Jagoran’ XXVIX, Annual National Conference of Paschimbanga Itihas Samsad, January 26th ,2013,Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata.
7) ‘Emancipation From Social Bondage and Political Independence: The Matua Socio-political Movement in Bengal’48th Annual Conference of Institute of Historical Studies, Organized by Institute of Historical Studies, at B.B.College, Asansol, West Bengal. on 9-12th January, 2013.
8) ‘Banglar Dalit Sahitya-Sanskritik Charcha:Matua Sahitye Prantojaner Protibad-o-Antorgathon.’ U.G.C. sponsored International Conference, in the Department of Bengali. Rabindra Bharati University. Kolkata, on 5-6th March,2013
9) ‘A Downtrodden Sect and Urge for Human Development: The Matua Religious Movement of the 19th and 20th century Bengal, India.’ 23rd Conference of the International Association of the Historian of Asia,2014(IAHA) in Kedah, Alor Setar, Malaysia held on 23rd August 2014 to 27th August 2014,
10) ‘Upanibeshik Bharate Sangrakshan Andolan: XXXI, Annual Conference of Paschimbanga Itihas Samsad , in the Dept. of IAHC, University of Calcutta. on 22th to 24th January,2015,
11) Chair: Performed as ‘Chair Person’ in a Parallel Academic Session entitled ‘Religious Belief and Human Development’ on 25rd August 2014 , 23rd Conference of the International Association of the Historian of Asia,2014(IAHA) in Kedah, Alor Setar, Malaysia .
12) Award: ‘FTG Award’ received from ‘Indian Council of Historical Research’(ICHR), 2014.