As per National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) guidelines every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure.
The establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is a major step in pushing long-term quality standards. IQAC in any institution is a significant administrative body that is responsible for all quality matters. It is the prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in an institution or college.
IQAC of the college takes care of the following functions:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars, conferences on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement
- Acting as the nodal-agency of the college for coordinating quality-based activities; and developing and maintaining institutional data-base for the betterment of the institutional quality.