Reviewed for : South Asia: Journal of South Asian Studies (published for South Asian Studies Association of Australia (SASAA) & Sanglap: Journal of Literary and Cultural Enquiry
- “I rarely loose sight of myself”: Roland Barthes and Semiological Adventure, Avenel Companion to Modern Social Theorists, Ed. by Pradip Basu, Avenel Publication, Kolkata, Feb. 2001, pp. 69-81, ISBN 9789380761145
- Nationalism, Home & Politics of Ethnicity: A Critique of Benedict Anderson’s “Imagined Communities”, Wesleyan Journal of Research (Vol. 4, No. 1) (ISSN: 09751386), June 2011, pp. 69-76.
- Repressive Ideologies & Dickens’s Hard Times: Toward a Critique of the Apparatuses of Civil Society in Victorian England in Perspective of Contemporary Political Philosophy, International Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Ed by. Pradip Basu, No.8, July 2011, ISSN 09938738, pp. 9-21.
- From Eros to Agape: Mélange of Opposites—A Study of Rabindranath’s Love Lyrics and Gitanjali Poems, Indian Poetry in English: Critical Essays, Ed. by Zinia Mitra, PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2012, ISBN 9788120345713, pp. 103-114.
- Re-conceptualizing ‘Change’: a Breakage in Need-Desire Economy: A study of the Conflicting Complicity of ‘Garhapatya’ & ‘Yati’ in the Ashrama System of the Mahābhārata, Bangla Journal (Canada), Ed. by Iqbal Karim Hasnu, Year 10 Issue 18, December 2012, ISSN 14880792, pp. 219-234.
- Blindness of an Insight: Re-conceptualizing Thingness, Materiality and Signification in Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Purloined Letter”, Modern Short Story: Text and Narrative, Published as seminar proceedings by Department of English, Krishnanagar Women’s College, August 2012, ISBN 9788192439501
- Sibaji Bandyopadhyay: Atmobismoroner Darshonik (in Bengali), Alochonachakra, [co-authored by Samrat Sengupta] August 2011, Kolkata, ISSN 22313990, PP. 217-242.
- Silence: A Dangerous Supplement? Re-conceptualizing Class/Gender Interaction through the Lens of Rabindranath’s “Punishment”, Boundaries of the Self: Gender, Culture and Spaces, Ed. by Debalina Bannerjee, Cambridge Scholars Publishers (London: Cambridge), April 2014. http://site.ebrary.com/pub/cambridgescholars/ (Online)
- Merleau-Ponty’s ‘Phenomenology of Perception’ and Indian Metaphysics of Body: An Inter-active Study, Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences, Ed by. Pradip Basu, No.10, June 2013, ISSN 09938738.
- Spectrality beyond Control: The Naxal Uncanny—Re-thinking the Existential Ideology of the Naxalites through the Lens of Raghav Bandyopadhyay’s “Journal Sottor”, Radical Left (Naxalite and Maoist) Movements in the Indian Subcontinent: Postcolonial Critique, Ed. By Pradip Basu, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, London: New Delhi, Forthcoming in 2015.
- Language, Meaning & Truth: Re-reading Suvarchala-Shvetketu Sambad of the Mahābhārata through Bhartihari and Wittgenstein, Bangla Journal (Canada), Ed. by Iqbal Karim Hasnu, Forthcoming in 2015.
- Prosongo: Gopal-Rakhan Dwandwasamas, Charcha Patrika, Ed. by Raghab Bandyopadhyay, Kolkata, February, 2014, ISSN 23211911.
- Amader Atmo-adhunikikaran o Deerno Smaran-Ovijan, Antahsar : Sharodiya Sankhya, Ed. by Ratnagshu Bargee, Kolkata, Octobor, 2013.
- Discourses of Grihāśram and the Self-making of the Woman, Gender and Modernity, Ed. by Amitava Chatterjee, Setu Prakashani, Delhi, India, January 2015, ISBN 9789380677743, pp. 110-138.
- Biplober Kol, Biswaser Ghat O Krishaker Rajniti: Iman O Nishan, Alochonachakra, Ed. by Chiranjib Sur, Kolkata, January 2015, ISSN 22313990.
- “E Tanu Voriya Pulak Rakhite Nari”: Shorir, Ahangta O Aghraner Onubhutimala, , Anustup (Winter Issue), 2015, Edited by: Anil Acarya, Kolkata, ISSN 09742607, pp. 116-134.
- Book Review: Laura Estill, Dramatic Extracts in Seventeenth-Century English Manuscripts: Watching, Reading, Changing Plays, Multicultural Shakespeare, Vol. 12, Issue 27, ISSN 2300-7605, DOI: 10.1515/mstap-2015-0001, June 2015, University of Lodz, Poland.
- Toward a Phenomenology of the Flesh: The Woman and the Ethics of Resistance, Gender & Modernity, Vol. II, Ed. by Ed. by Amitava Chatterjee, Primus Publication, Delhi, forthcoming in 2017.
- Violence and War: Poetics/Politics of the Immediate, Getting published as Seminar Proceedings From Asannagar MMT College, Krighnanagar, Nadia, Edited by Chirantan Sarkar and Monirul Islam, 2016.
- Book Review: [Translated] Sumit Chakravorty on Franson Manzali’s Labyrinths of Language: Philosophical and Cultural Investigations. Aakar Books: Delhi (2014) Alochonachakra, Kolkata, ISSN 22313990, April 2016.
- “A Phenomenology of Eros: A Study of Rabindranath’s Love Lyrics and Gitanjali Poems”, Indian Poetry in English: Critical Essays, Edition Ed. by Zinia Mitra, PHI Learning Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2016, pp. 92-106. ISBN 97620352612
- “Sanskritir Arthaniti: Ashok Sen er Vidyasagar Paath”, Co-author: Samrat Sengupta, Alochonachakra, Kolkata, ISSN 22313990, August 2016.
- “Niyatranatit Lesh: Nakshalbad o Aswastir Ashonka”, Alochonachakra, Kolkata, ISSN 22313990, January, 2018.
- “Dalitude and the State of Non-knowledge: Understanding Dalit Structure of Feeling through the Lens of Manohar Mouli Biswas’s “My World: My Own Space”, in Joydeep Sarangi ed. book on Manohar Mouli Biswas, forthcoming in 2018
- “Ethics of Representation and the Figure of the Woman: the Question of Agency in Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak’s “Can the Subaltern Speak?””, to be published in the Journal of South Asian Review, Peer-reviewed International journal of South Asian Literary Association, Taylor and Francis, January 2019. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/02759527.2018.1540123
- “Darshoner Pranto O Pranter Darshan: Shambhu Rakshit O Chintar Bahirana”, Astrik, Kolkata, Ed. by Chirantan Sarkar and Selim Mallik, December 2019.
- “Ethics of Representation and the Figure of the Woman: the Question of Agency in Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak’s “Can the Subaltern Speak?”” in Vulnerable South Asias: Precarities, Resistance, and Care Communities, Ed. by Pallavi Rastogi, Routledge, London & New York, September, 2020. ISBN: 978-0-367-50666-7.
- “Protibiplob: Tottwe o Bhabnay”, Bishesh Krorpatra (Special Supplement), Introduction, Co-edited with Samrat Sengupta, Alochonachakra, Kolkata, ISSN 22313990, 2017.
- “Achalatar Jeebon: Satta, Prem o Rabindranather Gaan”, Astrik, Kolkata, Ed. by Chirantan Sarkar and Selim Mallik, Forthcoming in 2020.
- “Darshoner Pranto O Pranter Darshan: Shambhu Rakshit O Chintar Bahirana”, Teetirshu, Kolkata, Edited by Chandan Das, ISSN 2456-5377, Forthcoming in 2020.
- Sulabha-Janaka Sambad O Mahabharata-e Atmo-Laloner Rajniti, [Plenary Lecture, International Conference on “Integrating the
Mahabharatas, 10-11 August, 2019, The Sanskrit College and University, Kolkata]
- Oedipus, the King: A Critical Analysis, [Extended Lecture/Invited Talk, Faculty- Exchange Programme, Chakdah College,
Nadia, November 20, 2019]
- Ovid’s Metamorphosis: A Critical Analysis [Extended Lecture/Invited Talk, Rani Birla Girls’ College, College, Kolkata,
3rd October, 2018]
- Ethics of Representation and the Figure of the Woman: the Question of Agency in Gayatri Chakravorty Spivak’s “Can the Subaltern
Speak?” [Opening Plenary, South Asian Literary Association Conference, New York City, New York, January 7-9, 2018]
- Tragedy and the Spectacle of Suffering [Extended Lecture/Invited Talk, One-Day Workshop on Tragedy, Chakdah College, Nadia,
December 15, 2017]
- Thought of the Outside and the Outside of Thought: Thinking through the Lens of Shambhu Rakshit’s “Priyo Dhwanir Jonyo Kanna”
[Plenary Speaker, ICSSR sponsored National Conference on ‘Thinking the Marginal’, Shidhu-Kanhu-Birsa University, Purulia,
- Dalitude and the State of Non-knowledge: Understanding Dalit Structure of Feeling through the Lens of Manohar Mouli Biswas’s
“My World: My Own Space” [Young Researchers’ Conference on ‘Critiquing Caste in/as Dalit Literature’, Presidency University,
March 8-9, 2016]
- Postmodernism and Contemporary Indian Society [Keynote Speaker, UGC financed Seminar at RDK College, Murshidabad, 29 March,
- Beyond Insularities and Contradiction: Nivedita, Hindu Nationalism and the Woman’s Question [ICSSR Sponsored National
Conference at Bose Institute, Kolkata, 20-21 February, 2016]
- Violence and War: Poetics/Politics of the Immediate [UGC Sponsored National Seminar at Asannagar MMT College, Krighnanagar,
- Who is Contemporary? [Expert Speaker, One-Day Seminar at SRL Mahavidyalaya, Majhdia, Nadia, December 15, 2015]
- “Can the Subaltern Speak?”: A Reading [Invited Lectures, Presidency University, Kolkata, April 10 & 26, 2015]
- Toward a Phenomenology of the Flesh: Brāhmnic Discourses of Grihāśram and the Self-making of the Woman [International
Conference on ‘Fractious Modernities’ at Jadavpur University, India, February 24-26, 2015]
- Otherwise than Being: The Mahābhārata, the Animal and the Eruption of the Ethical [Graduate Scholars’ Meet at Guwahati
IIT, Assam, India, October-November, 2014]
- Re-conceptualizing ‘Bodiliy Subjectivity’ : Phenomenology of Perception and ‘Aghraner Anubhutimala’ [National Seminar
at Sidho-Kanho Birsa University, West Bengal, September 2-3, 2014]
- Biplober Kol, Biswaser Ghat O Krishaker Rajniti [National Conference at Vidyasagar University, West Bengal, India,
- Discourses of Grihᾱshram and Women’s Alternative Performativity: Excess and Transgressions [Plenary Lecture at Bangla
Academy, Conference organized by Paschimbanga Itihas Samsad, Kolkata, India, January 2014]
- Shakespeare in the Countryside: Re-reading Macbeth through Swapanbaran’s Translation [International Shakespeare
Conference at Delhi University, India, March 2013]
- Language, Meaning & Truth: Re-reading Suvarchala-Shvetketu Sambad of the Mahābhārata through Bhartihari and Wittgenstein
[International CLAI conference at Jadavpur University, India, January 2013]
- Spotlighting the Quicksand: Question of Race, Caste, & Religion in Gayatri Chakraborty Spivak’s “Indian” Readings
[13th Annual SALA (South Asian Literary Association) Conference in Boston, Massachusetts, USA, January 2013]
- Silence: A Dangerous Supplement? Re-conceptualizing Class/Gender Interaction through the Lens of Rabindranath’s “Punishment”
[International Tagore conference at Jawharlal Nehru University (JNU), Delhi, India, March 2012]
- Blindness of an Insight: Self-Displacing & Textual Surplus—Toward a (Mis)reading of Edgar Allan Poe’s ‘The Purloined Letter’
[UGC sponsored National Seminar at Krishnagar Women’s College, West Bengal, November 2011]
- Re-conceptualizing ‘Change’: a Breakage in Need-Desire Economy—A study of the Conflicting Complicity of ‘Garhapatya’ & ‘Yati’
in the Ashrama System of the Mahābhārata [Spring School on the Mahābhārata at Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS),
Shimla, India, June 2011]
- Re-conceptualizing the Arjun-Bishad: (Im) possibility of Learning [Spring School on the Mahābhārata at Indian Institute
of Advanced Study (IIAS), Shimla, India, April 2010]]
- The Nativist Discourse of Travel: A Historico-Political Reading of Aleho Caepentier’s The Lost Steps [International CLAI
conference at Hyderabad University, India, January 2009]
- Reading Macbeth in Translation [National Students’ Seminar at Jadavpur University, India, December 2007]
- Toward a Formalist Critique of Andrew Marvel’s To His Coy Mistress[International Conference on Metaphysical Poetry at
University of Kalyani, India, West Bengal, November 2007]