At present the Department has one full-time teacher, Dr. Anirban Bhattacharjee (Head and Convener). Sri. Sanjoy Debnath has been serving the college as college part-time lecturer and Sri Ayan Kr. Khan, Sri Subrata Ray, Smt. Sumana Ghosh and Sri Subhankar Ghosh as guest faculties.
On 25-26 February, 2019, the Department of English in collaboration with The NorthEast India Company, Assam organized a Two-day National Level Seminar on "Home and Beyond: Belonging, Unbelonging, Nostalgia" in which a number of faculties and scholars across various disciplines participated and presented papers (see the book of abstracts). Professor Sanjoy Mukhopadhyay, Formerly, Department of Film Studies, Jadavpur University delivered the Keynote Address, which was chaired by Professor Ashok Sengupta, University of Kalyani. Dr. Suranjana Choudhuri, Assistant Professor at North-Eastern Hill University (NEHU, Shillong, Meghalaya) and Dr. Arjun Chaudhuri, Assistant Professor at Gurucharan College, Assam gave the plenary talks. Dr. Dhrubajyoti Sarkar (University of Kalyani), Dr. Hardikbrata Biswas (Jadavpur University), Kalyan Kumar Das (Presidency University), Dr. Mrinmoy Pramanick (Calcutta University), Sagar Taranga Mandal (Kalyani University), Dr. Arnab Saha and Dr. Samrat Sengupta delivered plenary lectures. Professor Saktinath Jha, eminent scholar and researcher, gave the "Iravati Gupta Memorial Lecture". Researchers and Faculties from Delhi, Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand and other states participated and presented papers.
1. Tutorial Classes: Regularly held in a structured manner to benefit the students in developing their understanding and critical acumen.
2. Remedial Classes: Held as an integral part of the class routine specially designed for the students from the under-privileged sections.
3. Special Lectures: Once in a month delivered by eminent scholars and doctoral fellows from different universities on themes and issues related to the UG syllabus.
4. Students’ Seminar: Annually organized by the students of the Department in which students from other colleges and universities as well participate.
5. Poster Presentation: Posters reflecting innovative ideas and creative outlook in the fields of literature and other disciplines regularly presented by the students on the occasions of seminars and conferences.
6. Guardians’ Meet: Held twice in a year in order to pay serious consideration to the concerns, advice and suggestions offered by the guardians.
7. Wall Magazine: Utilized as a means to give a platform for the students’ creativities, intellectual sparks & speculations; breaking the conventional constricted form, it, in its ever-spreading canvas, caters a stimulating treat to the curious minds.
8. Seminars / Conferences: At regular intervals state level and national level seminars / conferences held in which distinguished scholars deliver public talks.
9. Text & Performance: As an important part of the university curriculum the students are encouraged in text-based drama performances.
10. Audio Visual Classes: Designed with the purpose of familiarizing the students with tech-supported class-room experiences through the screening of contemporary/cult movies.
11. Access to E-Journals: Realizing the benefits of E-journal each and every effort is made to introduce the students with the recent development in the field of research and critical enquiry.
12. Interdisciplinary Workshop: Arranged regularly to develop the student’s critical thinking beyond disciplinary borders.
13. Exchange Programme: Such efforts are made to create a conducive environment where students from various neighbouring colleges under the University of Kalyani and from other universities as well – can share and exchange each other’s ideas and thoughts.
14. Assignments & Assessments: Keeping in mind the needs of CBCS course-pattern students are regularly assigned to have their writings duly assessed by the respective teachers and topical discussions are arranged for further improvement.